Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions represent your agreement with Pacific Rim College Online (“PRCO”) in regards to the courses and programs offered by PRCO (the “Courses”) and is a legal agreement (“Agreement”) between you and PRCO, the owner and operator of Pacific Rim College Online (the “Website”). It states the terms and conditions under which you may access and use the Website and under which you agree to enroll in the Courses. By accessing and using the Website and/or enrolling in a Course, you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by and comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must not access or use the Website and must not enroll in any Course. PRCO may revise this Agreement at any time by updating this posting. Use of the Website or continued enrollment in a Course after such changes are posted will signify your acceptance of the revised terms. You should visit this page periodically to review this Agreement.
2. 7-day money-back guarantee & promotions
Please note that the 7-day money-back guarantee applies only to courses and programs that are not completed in full. The 7-day money-back guarantee does not apply to students who have completed a course and have received a certificate of completion for that course.
Offer may not be combined with any other coupons, discounts, offers, or promotions. Void if altered, copied, transferred, auctioned, or sold. No rainchecks issued. Offer not valid for prior purchases. Other restrictions may apply. For BOGO offers, If a refund is requested within the 7-day return period, the courses will be removed from both the accounts. Courses watched over 50% will not be refunded.
3. Course enrollment & payment processing
- Please check each page carefully for entrance requirements prior to enrollment. If requirements are not met, you may be denied enrollment at a later date.
- Payment is done online using secure e-commerce. We only accept online registration.
- All prices are displayed in 2 main currencies: Canadian dollar and United States (US) dollar.
- Your credit card via PayPal will be charged in your local currency.
- Courses are non-refundable beyond the 7-day money back guarantee period.
- Printed course guidebook purchase cancellations and refunds will have a $15 cancellation fee withheld from the refund. All wrong address returns will have a charge of $8.50 for a re-shipment.
- Customers are given either unlimited/lifetime* access, or an allotted number of days to view their purchased online materials before course expiration. See course page for specific details on individual expiration. In the case of unlimited/lifetime access, this specifically refers to the lifetime of the site and underlying technology to present a course and course materials, not the lifetime of the purchaser.
- If the purchased online course/program was by payment plan, the student commits to paying the full amount of monthly payments until there is $0 owing. If a student misses a payment for any reason, they will be immediately removed from the course/program and any of the related attributes. Certificates will not issued until payment has been completed in full.
- If the purchased online course has been approved by a regulatory body or professional association for continuing education/professional development credits, the individual will be required to pass the assessment tool and complete the feedback form to receive credit for completion (if the applicable regulatory body or professional association requires these steps).
- Course passwords may not be shared between individuals, companies, or institutes unless that permission has been expressly given via an exclusive offer or as a feature of the site.
- No individual, company, or institute may share video or written content from any courses.
- All included intellectual property is owned by Pacific Rim College Online and/or by the instructors contracted by Pacific Rim College Online.
- Pacific Rim College Online reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time.
4. Disclaimer of Warranties
Pacific Rim College Online (“PRCO”) provides the Courses and the Website and all content that makes up the Courses and the Website on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied. By enrolling in a Course or accessing and using the Website, you acknowledge and agree that use of the Website, the Course and all content is entirely at your own risk. While PRC endeavors to provide content that is correct, accurate and timely, we make no representations or warranties in this regard, including, without limitation, no representation or warranty (1) that the Courses, the Website and/or any content will be accurate, complete, reliable, suitable, or timely; (2) that any content, including, without limitation, any information, data, software, product or service contained in, or made available through a Course or the Website will be of merchantable quality or fit for a particular purpose; (3) that the operation of the Website or access to a Course will be uninterrupted or error free; (4) that defects or errors in the Website will be corrected; (5) that the Website will be free from viruses or harmful components; and (6) that communications to or from the Website will be secure or not intercepted. . You acknowledge and agree that you are taking the Course, using the Website and the content, as applicable, at your own risk and liability.
5. Health Information Disclaimer
- Be aware that the instructors and staff of PRCO cannot and do not give personal health or medical advice in a Course, through the Website or otherwise. The information received through a Course, the Website or otherwise should not be relied on or treated as such.
- The advice and communications that may be posted on the forums/discussion boards and virtual classrooms that may be part of a Course or the Website are not classified as health advice or medical advice and should not be relied on or treated as such.
- Herbal medicine must be used responsibly. Some herbal medicines have an adverse reaction with pharmaceutical drugs and some herbs and mushrooms can be poisonous or deadly. Pacific Rim College Online is not responsible for the choices of an individual. Please always refer to your primary care physician or medical provider in regards to any health choices.
- The Certificate programs offered by PRCO through the Courses are not sufficient training for educating medical practitioners and students who complete Courses must not hold themselves out as medical practitioners or use any certificate or Course from PRCO to advertise themselves as providing medical advice.
The information provided on the Website and through the Courses is for information purposes only and is not professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or care, nor is it intended to be a substitute for such advice, diagnosis, treatment or care. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider properly licensed to practice medicine or health care in your jurisdiction concerning any questions you may have regarding any information obtained from this Website and any medical condition you believe may be relevant to you or to someone else.
Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something from a Course or that you have read on this Website. Always consult with your physician or other qualified health care provider before embarking on a new treatment, diet or fitness program. Information obtained on the Website and in the Courses is not exhaustive and does not cover most diseases, ailments, physical conditions or their treatment.
Health-related information changes frequently and therefore information in a Course or on this website may be outdated, incomplete, or incorrect. Statements made about products may not have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, Health Canada or any other health regulator or government. Use of the Website or enrollment in a Course does not create an expressed or implied physician-patient relationship. You are hereby advised to consult with a physician or other health care provider prior to making any decisions or undertaking any actions or not undertaking any actions related to any health care problem or any issue that you or any other person may have at any time, now or in the future.
6. Hyperlink disclaimer
The Website contains links to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and are not endorsements of the contents of such third-party websites. We are not responsible for the content of any third-party website, nor do we make any representation or warranty of any kind regarding any third-party website including, without limitation (1) any representation or warranty regarding the legality, accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness, suitability of any content on any third-party website; (2) any representation or warranty regarding the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any material, content, software, goods, or services located at or made available through such third-party websites; or (3) any representation or warranty that the operation of the third-party websites will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects or errors in such third-party websites will be corrected, or that such third-party websites will be free from viruses or other harmful components.
7. Intellectual Property
All materials displayed or otherwise accessible through this Website, including but not limited to text, graphics, videos, photos, trademarks, logos and other materials (collectively, “Content”) are protected by copyright and trademark laws, and are owned by PRCO and its licensors or affiliated parties. The material on this website is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act (Canada) and by other applicable laws, policies, regulations and international agreements that address intellectual property rights. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission. Any use of the Content, including modification, transmission, presentation, distribution, republication, or other exploitation of the website or of its Content, whether in whole or in part, is prohibited without the express prior written consent of PRCO. PRCO respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us.
8. Limitation of Liability
Subject to applicable law, in no event shall PRCO and its directors, affiliates, employees, consultants, contractors, agents or licensors be liable for damages of any kind including, without limitation, any direct, special, indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages including, without limitation, personal injury (up to and including death), any loss or damages in the nature of or relating to lost business, lost savings, lost data and/or lost profits arising from your use of, reliance upon a Course, or the contents of a Course, or your use of, reliance upon or inability to use the Website, regardless of the cause and whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise. The foregoing limitation shall apply even if PRCO knew of or ought to have known of the possibility of such damages.
9. Release and Indemnity
You hereby agree to release PRCO and its directors, affiliates, employees, consultants, contractors, agents and licensors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from, and in no event shall any or all of the Released Parties be liable to you or any other person or entity, for any and all liabilities and damages (including any direct, indirect, special, exemplary or consequential damages, including lost profits) whatsoever arising from your enrolment in a Course, the reliance on the Content of the Course or the Website, or the use of the Website, or in any other way relating to this Agreement and you agree that your sole remedy for any claim, loss, damage, costs or expenses is to cease using the Website, withdraw from any Course and to cease to use any content from the Website or a Course. You will indemnify and hold harmless PRCO and its directors, affiliates, employees, consultants, contractors, agents and licensors from and against any claims, losses, judgments, damages, costs and expenses (including without limitation, reasonable legal fees) incurred by any of them due to or resulting from your use of the website, the content or otherwise relating to this Agreement (including any breach by you thereof).
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Website is operated by PRCO in British Columbia, Canada, and all courses are delivered from British Columbia, Canada. By accessing or using the Website or enrolling in a Course, you agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, the Website, participating in a Course and any content related thereto shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to conflict of laws principles. You agree and hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia with respect to all matters relating to your access to and use of the website.
11. Standard Contest Rules
THESE RULES ARE THE STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE CONTESTS AND GIVEAWAYS (EACH A “CONTEST” AND COLLECTIVELY THE “CONTESTS) ADMINISTERED BY PACIFIC RIM COLLEGE ONLINE. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THE CONTESTS CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
Pacific Rim College Online shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contests. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Pacific Rim College Online for the purpose of the Contests must be truthful, complete, accurate, and in no way misleading. Pacific Rim College Online reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate, or misleading personal details and/or information.
- CONTEST PERIODS
Each Contest entry period (each a “Contest Period”) shall start and end as announced and/or as indicated, after which time the Contest will be closed and no other entries shall be accepted.
2. HOW TO ENTER
- There is no purchase necessary to enter a Contest. To enter prior to the end of an applicable Contest Period.
- Entries must be received prior to the indicated Contest Period entry deadline. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled, or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected as a potential Contest winner.
- Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address, Facebook or Twitter account associated with the entry, as applicable. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address, Facebook or Twitter account is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address, Facebook or Twitter account by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, Facebook, Twitter or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, Facebook or Twitter accounts for the domain or account associated with the submitted e-mail address, Facebook or Instagram account. Each selected entrant may be required to provide proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address, Facebook, or Instagram account associated with the winning entry.
- Each Contest prize shall have an approximate retail value between one Canadian dollar (CDN $1.00) and two thousand five hundred Canadian dollars (CDN $2,500.00) and shall be announced and described via Email, Facebook, Instagram, and/or the Pacific Rim College Online Website at the beginning of each Contest Period. Winners shall not be entitled to receive the difference between the actual prize value and the approximate prize value.
- Winners will be contacted by Pacific Rim College Online with instructions on how to claim the prize.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted, or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of Pacific Rim College Online. Any unused portion of a prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. Pacific Rim College Online reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
- Pacific Rim College Online shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged, or misdirected prizes.
- In the case of gift cards or gift certificates, the terms by which the gift cards or gift certificates may be redeemed are governed by the applicable retailer or service provider. Pacific Rim College Online is not responsible for administering or ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions of the gift cards or gift certificates.
3. PRIZE CONDITIONS
- All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to herein as part of the prize description (the “Expenses”) are the sole responsibility of the prize winner and/or guest(s), where applicable. All prize elements are subject to availability and substitution. The winner shall not seek reimbursement for the Expenses from Pacific Rim College Online
4. WINNER SELECTION
- Following the end of the applicable Contest Period, Pacific Rim College Online will select one (1) entrant (or more, if applicable, based on the number of prizes available to be won) by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period, unless otherwise indicated. Each entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received for the Contest. Any remaining entries will not be carried over for entry in the next Contest.
- Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant(s) shall be required to confirm receipt.
- If the selected entrant does not respond within three (3) business days of notification, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant may be selected (as determined by Pacific Rim College Online in its sole discretion) until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. Pacific Rim College Online is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for Pacific Rim College Online to receive a selected entrant’s response.
- If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing, or any other aspect of a Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants to award the correct number of prizes.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Pacific Rim College Online assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware, or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry.
- By participating in a Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of Pacific Rim College Online, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Contest Website, or any related promotional website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any the Sponsor’s property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, Pacific Rim College Online RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans, and representations are owned by Pacific Rim College Online and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Pacific Rim College Online reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate any Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend a Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- These are the official Contest Rules. The Contests are subject to applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Pacific Rim College Online and/or the Contests.
7. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
8. SOCIAL MEDIA
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized, including but not limited to Facebook and/or Instagram. Any personal information provided in connection with the Contest is being provided to Pacific Rim College Online and not to Facebook and/or Twitter. Any questions or comments regarding a Contest must be directed to Pacific Rim College Online and not to any of the social media platforms on which the Contest may have been advertised or administered.