Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions represent your agreement with Pacific Rim College Online (“PRCO”) in regards to the courses and programs offered by PRCO (the “Courses”) and is a legal agreement (“Agreement”) between you and PRCO, the owner and operator of Pacific Rim College Online (the “Website”). It states the terms and conditions under which you may access and use the Website and under which you agree to enroll in the Courses. By accessing and using the Website and/or enrolling in a Course, you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by and comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must not access or use the Website and must not enroll in any Course. PRCO may revise this Agreement at any time by updating this posting. Use of the Website or continued enrollment in a Course after such changes are posted will signify your acceptance of the revised terms. You should visit this page periodically to review this Agreement.
2. 7-day money back guarantee
Please note that the 7-day money back guarantee applies only to courses and programs that are not completed in full. The 7-day money back guarantee does not apply to students who have completed a course and have received a certificate of completion for that course.
3. Course enrollment & payment processing
- Please check each page carefully for entrance requirements prior to enrollment. If requirements are not met, you may be denied enrollment at a later date.
- Payment is done online using secure e-commerce. We only accept online registration.
- All prices are displayed in 2 main currencies: Canadian dollar and United States (US) dollar.
- Your credit card via PayPal will be charged in your local currency.
- Courses are non-refundable beyond the 7-day money back guarantee period.
- Customers are given either unlimited/lifetime* access, or an allotted number of days to view their purchased online materials before course expiration. See course page for specific details on individual expiration. In the case of unlimited/lifetime access, this specifically refers to the lifetime of the site and underlying technology to present a course and course materials, not the lifetime of the purchaser.
- If the purchased online course/program was by payment plan, the student commits to paying the full amount of monthly payments until there is $0 owing. If a student misses a payment for any reason, they will be immediately removed from the course/program and any of the related attributes. Certificates will not issued until payment has been completed in full.
- If the purchased online course has been approved by a regulatory body or professional association for continuing education/professional development credits, the individual will be required to pass the assessment tool and complete the feedback form to receive credit for completion (if the applicable regulatory body or professional association requires these steps).
- Course passwords may not be shared between individuals, companies, or institutes unless that permission has been expressly given via an exclusive offer or as a feature of the site.
- No individual, company, or institute may share video or written content from any courses.
- All included intellectual property is owned by Pacific Rim College Online and/or by the instructors contracted by Pacific Rim College Online.
- Pacific Rim College Online reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time.
4. Disclaimer of Warranties
Pacific Rim College Online (“PRCO”) provides the Courses and the Website and all content that makes up the Courses and the Website on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied. By enrolling in a Course or accessing and using the Website, you acknowledge and agree that use of the Website, the Course and all content is entirely at your own risk. While PRC endeavors to provide content that is correct, accurate and timely, we make no representations or warranties in this regard, including, without limitation, no representation or warranty (1) that the Courses, the Website and/or any content will be accurate, complete, reliable, suitable, or timely; (2) that any content, including, without limitation, any information, data, software, product or service contained in, or made available through a Course or the Website will be of merchantable quality or fit for a particular purpose; (3) that the operation of the Website or access to a Course will be uninterrupted or error free; (4) that defects or errors in the Website will be corrected; (5) that the Website will be free from viruses or harmful components; and (6) that communications to or from the Website will be secure or not intercepted. . You acknowledge and agree that you are taking the Course, using the Website and the content, as applicable, at your own risk and liability.
5. Health Information Disclaimer
- Be aware that the instructors and staff of PRCO cannot and do not give personal health or medical advice in a Course, through the Website or otherwise. The information received through a Course, the Website or otherwise should not be relied on or treated as such.
- The advice and communications that may be posted on the forums/discussion boards and virtual classrooms that may be part of a Course or the Website are not classified as health advice or medical advice and should not be relied on or treated as such.
- Herbal medicine must be used responsibly. Some herbal medicines have an adverse reaction with pharmaceutical drugs and some herbs and mushrooms can be poisonous or deadly. Pacific Rim College Online is not responsible for the choices of an individual. Please always refer to your primary care physician or medical provider in regards to any health choices.
- The Certificate programs offered by PRCO through the Courses are not sufficient training for educating medical practitioners and students who complete Courses must not hold themselves out as medical practitioners or use any certificate or Course from PRCO to advertise themselves as providing medical advice.
The information provided on the Website and through the Courses is for information purposes only and is not professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or care, nor is it intended to be a substitute for such advice, diagnosis, treatment or care. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider properly licensed to practice medicine or health care in your jurisdiction concerning any questions you may have regarding any information obtained from this Website and any medical condition you believe may be relevant to you or to someone else.
Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something from a Course or that you have read on this Website. Always consult with your physician or other qualified health care provider before embarking on a new treatment, diet or fitness program. Information obtained on the Website and in the Courses is not exhaustive and does not cover most diseases, ailments, physical conditions or their treatment.
Health-related information changes frequently and therefore information in a Course or on this website may be outdated, incomplete, or incorrect. Statements made about products may not have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, Health Canada or any other health regulator or government. Use of the Website or enrollment in a Course does not create an expressed or implied physician-patient relationship. You are hereby advised to consult with a physician or other health care provider prior to making any decisions or undertaking any actions or not undertaking any actions related to any health care problem or any issue that you or any other person may have at any time, now or in the future.
6. Hyperlink disclaimer
The Website contains links to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and are not endorsements of the contents of such third-party websites. We are not responsible for the content of any third-party website, nor do we make any representation or warranty of any kind regarding any third-party website including, without limitation (1) any representation or warranty regarding the legality, accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness, suitability of any content on any third-party website; (2) any representation or warranty regarding the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any material, content, software, goods, or services located at or made available through such third-party websites; or (3) any representation or warranty that the operation of the third-party websites will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects or errors in such third-party websites will be corrected, or that such third-party websites will be free from viruses or other harmful components.
7. Intellectual Property
All materials displayed or otherwise accessible through this Website, including but not limited to text, graphics, videos, photos, trademarks, logos and other materials (collectively, “Content”) are protected by copyright and trademark laws, and are owned by PRCO and its licensors or affiliated parties. The material on this website is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act (Canada) and by other applicable laws, policies, regulations and international agreements that address intellectual property rights. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission. Any use of the Content, including modification, transmission, presentation, distribution, republication, or other exploitation of the website or of its Content, whether in whole or in part, is prohibited without the express prior written consent of PRCO. PRCO respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us.
8. Limitation of Liability
Subject to applicable law, in no event shall PRCO and its directors, affiliates, employees, consultants, contractors, agents or licensors be liable for damages of any kind including, without limitation, any direct, special, indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages including, without limitation, personal injury (up to and including death), any loss or damages in the nature of or relating to lost business, lost savings, lost data and/or lost profits arising from your use of, reliance upon a Course, or the contents of a Course, or your use of, reliance upon or inability to use the Website, regardless of the cause and whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise. The foregoing limitation shall apply even if PRCO knew of or ought to have known of the possibility of such damages.
9. Release and Indemnity
You hereby agree to release PRCO and its directors, affiliates, employees, consultants, contractors, agents and licensors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from, and in no event shall any or all of the Released Parties be liable to you or any other person or entity, for any and all liabilities and damages (including any direct, indirect, special, exemplary or consequential damages, including lost profits) whatsoever arising from your enrolment in a Course, the reliance on the Content of the Course or the Website, or the use of the Website, or in any other way relating to this Agreement and you agree that your sole remedy for any claim, loss, damage, costs or expenses is to cease using the Website, withdraw from any Course and to cease to use any content from the Website or a Course. You will indemnify and hold harmless PRCO and its directors, affiliates, employees, consultants, contractors, agents and licensors from and against any claims, losses, judgments, damages, costs and expenses (including without limitation, reasonable legal fees) incurred by any of them due to or resulting from your use of the website, the content or otherwise relating to this Agreement (including any breach by you thereof).
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Website is operated by PRCO in British Columbia, Canada, and all courses are delivered from British Columbia, Canada. By accessing or using the Website or enrolling in a Course, you agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, the Website, participating in a Course and any content related thereto shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to conflict of laws principles. You agree and hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia with respect to all matters relating to your access to and use of the website.