For as long as humans have been on Earth, we have collaborated with plants for food, medicine, shelter, and ritual.
Plant knowledge has been passed down generationally through stories and texts and has served as our primary form of health care until recently. It’s time to reconnect to our herbal histories and trust the wisdom and offerings of our collaborators, helpers, and teachers: the plants.
In this program, you will:
- Learn about the properties and uses of over 50 medicinal and culinary herbs
- Discover how to make herbal remedies for internal and external uses
- Become proficient at customizing herb blends for yourself and others
- Learn how to identify both wild and cultivated plants
- Learn simple backyard permaculture garden design and maintenance techniques to ensure that you can grow and harvest an abundance of quality plants
- Learn seed-saving techniques to ensure a long-term, sustainable supply
- Witness herbs used in ceremony and learn how to connect to past generations of herbalists and your herbal ancestry
- Discover how to create your own herbal first aid kit by learning which plants and preparations are best suited for various ailments
- Become knowledgeable about how to identify, harvest, and use medicinal mushrooms
- Understand how to incorporate aromatic medicines (essential oils) into your herbal practices and routines
- Get excited about creating your herbal business and sharing your gifts with your community and beyond
This program is designed to ground you in the art and science of herbal medicine.
Upon completion of this program, you will be capable of taking care of many of your and your family’s needs. The Community Herbalist program contains all of the courses within the Home Herbalist program plus 11 more.