Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in excerpt
Filter by Custom Post Type
>>>Reply To: Introduce Yourself!
Reply To: Introduce Yourself!2022-02-26T16:25:45-08:00

Home Forums Online Herbalism Programs Introduce Yourself! Reply To: Introduce Yourself!

Sylvie Gewehr
Participant

Hello fellow plants lovers!

My name is Sylvie and I live in the small community of Haines Junction, Yukon. I grew up in France and Germany and started out on the herbalism path as a child, harvesting elder flower and berries with my mother, and then discovering the herbs by myself. I have been practicing herbalism as a “hobby” for myself ever since, but my passion for plants and nature also led me to study physiology and cellular biology at the Université Louis Pasteur in Strasbourg, France, and then forest ecology at the Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue in northern Québec.
My wandering feet brought me all the way to the Yukon, where I have been lucky enough to become the steward of 12 acres of forested land. Two years ago I signed up to become a student with the Gaia School of Healing and learned a lot from my wonderful teacher Sage Maurer. Since then, I started a small herbal business and make products (teas, tinctures, glycerites, vinegars, etc.) with herbs I grow and wildcraft (www.wildwoodspirit.ca).
I love to work with plants, they have always been my greatest passion, and I don’t ever want to stop learning about them! So here I am, embarking on the next journey of this herbalism path.

I am very excited to join this community and am looking forward to our live classes and student meetings.