Search in title
Search in excerpt
Filter by Custom Post Type
Reply To: Tinnitus Advice2021-12-17T03:36:11-08:00

Home Forums Online Herbalism Programs Tinnitus Advice Reply To: Tinnitus Advice

Benna
Keymaster

Hi Ben,

I am sorry to hear that your mother’s Tinnitus has not subsided yet. It really can be a challenging one, since the source can vary from person to person.

If you can manage it, it would likely be of great benefit to book an appointment with a herbalist or with the student clinic at PRC. There are virtual options for this as well! This would help solidify underlying causes and the proper doses of some of the herbs I had mentioned along with the info on Ground Ivy. It might help your mom feel more comfortable with taking the herbs regularly.

It is interesting that you mention Ground Ivy/Creeping Charlie (Glechoma hederacea), because they have been popping up in conversation often this week. It is a very common weed (here in Nova Scotia anyway) that is in the mint family. It is very safe and has been known to help reduce tinnitus, along with tone the sinuses, eyes and ears in general. So if you can source some dried for tea or as a tincture then this could certainly be a herb of great support! However if you can find it still growing fresh somewhere, that would be best, but I don’t think it would be growing at this time of year unless in a very temperate location?
As with all herbs, it is important for it to be taken on a regular basis at the recommended dose to see any results. This one can be drank as an infusion 1-2 tsp/cup, 2-3 cups/day or tincture would be 2-3 mL, 3x/day of a 1:3 strength.

I wish you both care and health.
Warmly,
Benna