Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in excerpt
Filter by Custom Post Type
>>>Reply To: Introduce Yourself!
Reply To: Introduce Yourself!2020-04-26T16:05:08-07:00

Home Forums Online Herbalism Programs Introduce Yourself! Reply To: Introduce Yourself!

Anais Casselman-Green
Participant

Hello Everyone!

My name is Anais. I am so honored to be here and have the opportunity to connect with each of you!

I am from Winnipeg but have been living in Vancouver for the past 3 years working on my Bachelor of Fine Arts at Emily Carr University of Art and Design, I have one year left! I began my art practice by working in printmaking, but in the past year and a half have discovered a love for clay, and I am now working primarily in ceramics.

The project I was working on this past semester was about exploring traditional methods of preparing and preserving food, with a focus on ceramic fermentation crocks. This project has pushed me to a deeper understanding of how we must look to and readopt our traditional ways of growing, harvesting, and collecting food.

I’ve had an interest in nutrition and using food as medicine for a few years now, but this recent project really pushed me into a new understanding and curiosity. When I found this program I knew it was what I needed to strengthen this interest and begin to work this knowledge into my life and art practice.

I really don’t know much about herbs, or how to use them, but so far this program looks amazing, and I am so excited to dive deeper. I am so grateful to have found this program especially during this strange time, there is no better time to reconnect with nature.