Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in excerpt
Filter by Custom Post Type
>>>Reply To: Wild Medicinals/Plant ID
Reply To: Wild Medicinals/Plant ID2020-04-10T12:51:15-07:00

Home Forums Online Herbalism Programs Wild Medicinals/Plant ID Reply To: Wild Medicinals/Plant ID

Liza
Keymaster

Hi Deborah!

I spoke with Amanda about your inquiries. Information below.

Galium
Amanda said that Galium triflorum (and Galium verum) are medicinal, though less commonly used than Galium aparine. I found this resource that lists Galium triflorum as low on the edibility scale and moderately low on the medicinal scale. That website is a useful online resource for looking up other plants too. Amanda doesn’t often use online resources but is looking into more options for you. I will get back to you as I receive these.

Arctium
Arctium lappa and Arctium minus can be used in the same way.  They are both introduced species, they are both biennial, and are found across the southern part of the country. They also hybridise quite a bit, so the exact identification of the two species can be tricky. Here is a paper talking about the two species which might be more than you’re looking for, but I thought I’d send it along just in case: 
https://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/pdf/10.4141/cjps80-089

Thanks for your feedback about the course. This was designed as an introductory herb walk, to get an overall sense of useful wild medicines before diving into the more detailed Materia Medica and Therapeutics. There is so much more to learn as you go along!

Warmth,
Liza