thanks, Bennna. i used the fresh flowers and buds, after leaving them to wilt a bit. it may that last time they were more wilted as i didn’t pick them myself and they were in transit longer. neither time did i chop them–i wish i had remember to do that this time!
at first, i forgot and put a lid on these, but i didn’t have any mold or problems when i remembered and removed it. now it has cheesecloth.
i didn’t measure the oil, but just put enough to cover the SJW, same as last time. i like the idea of mashing them a bit–maybe just with a fork in the jar. i’ll keep moving them from morning to afternoon sun and see if the oil reddens up!
thanks for the consult!! i’d like to continue the sun method since i haven’t done it before… 🙂