Holistic Nutrition 101
Start here to build your foundation in Holistic Nutrition. Learn nutritional fundamentals that won’t go out of date, so you can eat to feel and function at your best. 40% OFF UNTIL MAY 27: Use code nutrition40 at checkout.
Learn & Save
Buy 3+ courses, get 15% off
7-day money back guarantee
Please note that the 7-day money back guarantee applies to stand-alone courses only and to courses that are not completed in full. The 7-day money back guarantee does not apply to students that have completed a course and have received a certificate of completion.
Lifetime access to materials
100% Secure checkout
Need to know
*Please note that many of the associations listed under ‘CEUs/PDAs’ do not formally pre-approve online courses for credits, and thus require the student to track their own online course hours to submit for approval for their annual CEU/PDA requirements.
Meet your course instructor
Cordelia McFadyen | Holistic Nutritionist, Gut Expert
Cordelia McFadyen, a.k.a. your nutritional translator, is owner and Board-Certified Holistic Nutritionist at Inspired Living Nutrition Inc. After suffering for years from unknown food sensitivities and actively working her way back to strong health through proper nutrition, she was inspired and determined to take her education further so that she could help empower others back to great health. Cordelia believes there is more than enough food information “out there” for people to learn from however the key is not in the information available, but how to apply it to your unique nutritional needs. This is where she applies some of her favorite goal crushing techniques to help you learn the new healthy habits that will reveal the best you. Cordelia also loves to talk so you can find her spreading her love of all things delicious and nutritious online and at special events throughout Canada. A strong advocate for the holistic nutrition industry she currently serves as Dean for the School of Holistic Nutrition at Pacific Rim College, as a proud Board Member for the Holistic Nutrition Credentialing Board (HNCB) and as the Western Canadian representative for the Canadian Action for Nutrition (CAN) which is facilitated by the Canadian professional organization Canadian Association of Natural Nutrition Practitioners (CANNP). Apart from touting the benefits of kale and lemon water to anyone who will listen, she is an avid outdoorswoman who enjoys long hikes, canoeing, crabbing, reading, dancing with friends and tending to her garden. In her free time, she can be found walking her awesome Chihuahua Juno and writing about herself in the third person.
This course introduces students to the fundamentals of holistic nutrition and its importance to the mind, body, and spirit.
Have you ever felt disconnected from yourself and what’s happening inside of your body? Students begin this course by learning the essentials as it relates to the body systems involved in optimal health with special attention being placed on the gut microbiome, immunity, and hormone considerations. These lessons help equip you with the language and knowledge needed to better understand how unique your health truly is.
Expanding on a solid foundation, students continue to increase their holistic nutrition knowledge by learning how to identify what a macro- and micronutrient is, what going organic may mean, and just how important proper hydration really is.
Health and nutrition is more than just the food you find on your plate. Learn about the importance of proper sleep hygiene, movement, and mindfulness and how they are key factors to consider when looking to support one’s own level of good health.
We’ve also curated some practical discussions as it relates to one’s own kitchen, physical location, and those popular diets that seem to cycle in and out of popularity. We spend some tasty time together in the kitchen learning how to create a nutrient-dense plate that will nourish you on all levels. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and plant-based options are included. Bon Appetit!
Upon completion of this course, you will have the ability to:
- Understand what holistic nutrition is…and isn’t
- Understand what body systems are most relevant to a holistic nutrition approach
- Understand how to identify common food sensitivities
- Learn how to support happy hormones through food and non non-food avenues
- Understand the difference between a macro- and micronutrients
- Understand what a whole food is and what organic means
- Identify quality water sources and why hydration is critical to supporting good health
- Learn tips to create a powerful sleep routine
- Understand the connection between movement and health goals
- Learn why language is important when dealing with health matters
- Identify key ways to implement healthy habits for life
- Learn to build a proper meal with considerations of micro- and macronutrients
- Feel equipped with tools for food selection, shopping, and food storage
- Understand various diet options to help you to find one that works best for you
Section I | Welcome
2. Course outline
Section II | Body systems
3. Digestive system: the microbiome
4. Digestive system: food sensitivities & allergies
5. Digestive system: bowel movements
6. Immune system: first line of defense
7. Immune system: helpful foods
8. Endocrine system
9. Endocrine system: natural beauty
Section III | The fundamentals of nutrition
10. Macronutrients: carbohydrates
11. Macronutrients: proteins
12. Macronutrients: fats
13. Macronutrients: daily ranges
14. Macronutrients: digestion of macronutrients
15. Macronutrients: food source considerations
16. Micronutrients: vitamins & minerals
19. Supplement fillers
20. Drug & nutrient depletions
22. Diuretic food & herbs
22. Water sources, quality, and hydration
Section IV | Building on a strong foundation
24. Modern Threats to Sleep
25. Sleep hygiene
26. Evening routine
27. Movement & exercise: immune system
28. Movement & exercise: mental health
29. Mindfulness language
30. Healthy habits
Section V | Taking it home
31. Best practices in the kitchen
32. A visit to the market – what to ask the farmer
34. Diet choices
36. Breakfast preparation: Chia Seed Jar
37. Breakfast preparation: Overnight Oats
38. Breakfast preparation: Egg Cups
39. Lunch preparation: Zucchini Noodles
40. Breakfast preparation: Green Dip
41. Dinner preparation: Roast Chicken & Veggies
Section V | Conclusion
42. Full course review
Students are saying…
“Cordelia is really amazing at what she does and also has great energy that makes me excited to learn. The way that she gets the information into our minds is in a way that’s interesting and retainable.”
“Cordelia is very postive and open-minded. She has a lot of knowledge to share, and does it in a way that is interesting, enjoyable, and helps me retain the information.”
Please note, this elective course is for PRC Campus students only.